Acts and regulations for their application
Law for amendment and supplement of the Civil Procedure Code
On November 9, 2020 in the State Gazette Nr. 98, an Act amending and supplementing the Civil Procedure Code was published.
The amendment to the Civil Procedure Code introduces videoconferencing in court hearings as a way to conduct them when a participant in the process cannot be present in a courtroom.
• it is possible for a party to participate in the process;
• it is possible for an interpreter or interpreter to perform actions;
• it is possible to gather evidence.
The Act amending and supplementing the Civil Procedure Code also provides a legal definition of videoconferencing.
Furthermore, the final provisions of the Act introduce the possibility of using videoconferencing in the Administrative Procedure Code, as well as in the Criminal Procedure Code.
Act amending and supplementing the Measures and Actions during the State of Emergency, announced by a decision of the National Assembly of 13 March 2020 and on overcoming the consequences Act
On November 9, 2020 in the State Gazette Nr. 98, an Act amending and supplementing the Measures and Actions during the State of Emergency, announced by a decision of the National Assembly of March 13, 2020 and to overcome the consequences Act was published.
The following provisions are introduced:
• The judiciary may take any measures aimed at protecting the life and health of participants in proceedings and cases;
• Open court hearings can be postponed once, for no more than 14 days;
• Possibility for delivery of messages and papers electronically is introduced;
• The court may adjourn a case if a party or its representative is under quarantine, isolation, hospital treatment, or other coercive administrative measures have been applied to them under the Health Act in connection with Covid-19 disease;
• An employee who is in close contact within the meaning of an act of a body under Art. 61 of the Health Act of a confirmed case of COVID-19, goes to work remotely or home work, if the work allows it, for the period specified in the act, declaring in writing to the employer, respectively the appointing authority the occurrence. The conditions and the order for passing, execution and control shall be determined by an order of the employer or the appointing body.
• The validity of ID cards and passports, which expires in the period from March 13, 2020 to January 31, 2021, is extended by six months;
• The services for administrative control of foreigners may extend the stay for three months of the persons who have entered the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria under the conditions of visa-free regime for short-term residence, as well as of the persons who have entered with short-stay visa. Persons have the right to apply for an extension of the permitted period of residence of three months for humanitarian reasons or due to extraordinary circumstances. The application for extension of the permitted period of residence shall be submitted to the services for administrative control of the foreigners at the place of residence of the candidates.
If you have any questions regarding our legal bulletin or other topic of interest, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.